Pages

Friday 9 August 2013

Happy Birthday to you

Angel’s Birthday        
It was just an ordinary day for me.  My nana was in bed as always, my brothers were playing a game and my sister was always drawing.  It was all the same.  Just then, my mother came back from the interview at the petrol station because she was looking for a job.  As she stomped into the house and yelled out “ Happy Birthday Angel “.  As if she could hear her a distance away.  I didn't know it was Angel’s birthday. Even though we had a calendar in our hallway.  I was very excited to see my baby cousin in a very long time.  My cousin could talk, walk, sit, stand and she knows how to use her manners wisely.  She uses them more than me.  It was starting to get very dark.

As soon as my nana got home, she straight away picked up her phone and called my aunty Chantelle so that she could see Angel and talk about what she did on her birthday.  It started to get dark.  As soon as my nana Siola got home,  she bought a packet of hot chips and we shared it.  When we finally finished it, my aunty Chantelle came and stopped in, at our driveway.  “ They’re here, they’re here.” I yelled.  I was so happy to see my cousin Angel, my other cousin Brenzel, my uncle Anz and my aunty Chantelle.  They told us what they had done for her birthday.  They took her to the zoo and she got a leap pad to help her learn some new stuff.  We went outside on my trampoline and what do you know, it was the last day of the Matariki lights and they had fireworks.  All of us were screaming and shouting on the shed, across the road and on the trampoline.  We had so much fun.  It was time for them to go.  There was so much excitement and we were very high-spirited.


0 comments:

Post a Comment