Pages

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Narrative story

The Temple that Collapse
Orientation
My name is Atum. I’ve never been to Egypt before. All the information that I’ve heard about Egypt made me satisfied to go Egypt, and see it for myself.  I want to go to Egypt but my grumpy, old mother says “you cannot go to Egypt unless you’re 18 or over.  It’s against the law.”  “Hooray,” that day finally came.  I packed up as quick as lightning.  I rushed as fast as possible. I was very impatient.  I left the house very untidy.
Complication
The Egyptians thought of Egypt being divided into two lands. They named it ‘Red land’ and ‘Black land.’ Red land was the barren desert. As for the black land, it was the fertile land on the banks.  So I went to the barren desert first.  I saw pyramids, sphinxes and so many camels .  I saw the temple last.  As I walked in, a random Egyptian wanted to show me  around the temple.  He showed me where the Pharaoh is.  The last thing the Egyptian showed me was a secret door he’d go through just in case there was an emergency.  I stayed in the temple for a very long time and I forgot all about the secret door.  The temple shook.  It was going to collapse.  I panicked.  I did not know what to do.
Resolution
Just then, it came to me, I remembered about the secret door the Egyptian showed me when I marched inside the temple.  “It could lead us to freedom.”  I suggested.  I got everyones attention and lead them to the door.  They sprinted out safely.  We all watched  as the temple collapsed.  It was terrible.  I was exceedingly high-spirited that I had saved so many lives.  But when the temple fell,  all the Egyptians were weeping.  When it stopped, it was all in small pieces.  Everyone took 1 piece of the temple so they could remember the day it collapsed.  So they could tell their siblings.  But happily, the Egyptians built another temple and they found another Pharaoh.
Conclusion
The Egyptians begged me to be their god for their savior.  I sat on my throne and I was their god.  I cared for all of the Egyptians. Whenever there was trouble,  I would help.  But for those people who I could not save, were put in coffins and I named them mummies.  I put the ordinary people in an ordinary cardboard boxes and special people in special boxes.   
 
By: Andrea

0 comments:

Post a Comment