Pages

Sunday 8 May 2016

Memories


me nd mum HNY again.jpg

When we’re together, it’s like walking to the bright summer sunshine, with happy songs filling our heads and singing the words at the top of our lungs, as we bounce up and down on your bed. Being together is like having a secret,  you share with me and dad, it’s talking, listening and laughing together, and knowing that everyone is glad.

Mum, when we’re together, it’s like kicking through leaves, crisp and crunchy, and watching them swirl through the air, it’s leaping in drifts that come up to your knees, and showering the leaves everywhere. I love when you hold me with your fireside cuddles, it’s magical stories we share.  

Sometimes, together is just being quiet, like gazing at clouds in the sky, it’s seeing the shapes and the patterns they make, and counting them as they float by. Together is pillow fights all around your bedroom, and giggling and running to hide, it’s white fluffy feathers that fly through the air so it looks like it’s snowing inside.

Time spent together is big hugs at bedtime, and being tucked in snug and tight, it’s sweet dreams and moonbeams, and drowsy eyes closing, and sleeping safe all through the night.

Mum, without you, there would be no me. Your love, your attention, your guidance, has made me who I am. Without you I would be lost, wandering aimlessly, without direction or purpose. You showed me the way to serve, to accomplish, to persevere. Without you, there would be an empty space. I could never fill, no matter how much I tried.  Instead, because of you,  I have joy, contentment, satisfaction and peace.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kia Ora Andrea
I love your story you wrote for your mum, it's really nice and touching. When I wrote my wrote my story it was short but meaningful. Did you show your mum your story?

Unknown said...

Hi Alyssa
Yes! I showed my mum and then she started crying. She hugged me and then she posted it on Facebook.

Thanks for the friendly feedback Alyssa. :)

Post a Comment