Pages

Monday 9 June 2014

Dental Presentation

Screenshot 2014-06-06 at 12.19.16 PM.png

On the 5th of June, Mrs Wallbridge came to Room 11 and she showed us a presentation about teeth. She explained everything about the importance of teeth. We emailed her questions and she came to Room 11 and told us all the information that we needed to know. Room 11 and 12 students learned many new things about our teeth. The information/facts we picked up were breathtaking.

One of things that I found astounding was when she said that sugar is our worst enemy. I love drinking Coca Cola but I didn’t realize how much sugar it has. A 1 litre bottle has 108g of sugar, a 20oz bottle has 65g of sugar and a can has 39g of sugar. When I went back home, there was 2 bottles of Coca Cola and I didn’t want to drink any of it because of the information I found. I found myself drinking water instead. I told my mum how much sugar there was in a 1 litre bottle and she was shocked. I have to convince her to stop buying fizzy drinks but only to buy them on special days and she may agree.

Mrs Wallbridge also told us how to stop toothache. This information was eye-opening because I have never had a toothache before, but if I do, I would be aware of what to do. One of the ways to stop toothache is to quickly find an ice pack and put it on the area that hurts. If you don’t have an ice pack, you could just fill an empty bag with ice, cover it with a cloth or paper towel and apply it directly on the tooth or the cheek area just outside the tooth. The cold temperature will ease the pain.

She also showed us a gruesome picture of  a lady who had oral cancer. I was disgusted by it. When I saw the lady who had oral cancer, her teeth were yellow and her tongue had a sore on it. Many people say that oral cancer is commonly caused by smoking. On the 5th of June at 9:00  , I was going to my nanas house and my aunty was smoking. I told her to stop smoking because she might get oral cancer. I am positive that she has stopped and hopefully she will not get oral cancer.  
  

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Kia Ora Andrea you have some good information about our teeth and how you said that you like drinking Coca Cola and I did not know that A one litre of fizzy drink has 108g of sugar. That lady teeth was yellow and has sores on her tongue and it looks like that she doesn't brush for teeth. Will you drink Coca Cola again and will you brush your teeth?

Post a Comment