Pages

Friday 29 July 2016

Metaphors

IMG_0197.JPGIMG_0186.JPG


WALT: match metaphors with their meaning in sport and non-sport activities.

We were each split into groups of three. I was with Lana and Stephanie. All of us were doing a writing activity with metaphors. The priority writing group had already done this activity so the had to keep their mouths locked. In my group, Lana was in the priority writing group so Stephanie and I had to do it without any help from Lana. She watched while Stephanie put the meanings together. I had fun matching the meanings. My favourite metaphor is ‘A big hit’. In sports it means a record of athlete’s achievements and in non-sports, it means a record of someone’s achievements. I didn’t use any of the  metaphors in my writing because I couldn’t find a place to put it in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment