Pages

Friday 25 September 2015

Letter to Mrs Parkes

Room 11
Glen Innes School
25 September 2015

Dear Mrs Parkes

This is a thank you letter to you for giving suggestions to us to improve in our story writing.  I have been excelling in my writing since the beginning of Term 1 and it’s all thanks to you.

What I enjoyed about writing was when we had to use pictures to create our own stories. This was sort of difficult for me because when I was first introduced to this style of writing, I didn’t understand what to do. Then my teacher lended a helping hand and I got used to this type of writing.

I also liked doing collaborative story writing. I enjoyed working in a group for our writing a I reckon we should do more of it. I liked that we all did our own paragraphs and then we put it together and edited our story together. My favourite collaborative writing was when we picked our own attribute as a wish and my attribute was candid.

Another interest that I had in one of your suggestions was watching the videos to help with our descriptive writing.The first video we watched was the one with the Python and the Springbok. We started writing the descriptive words that were used in the video, and wrote it down in our writing books for ideas to create our own story about the Python and the Springbok. Then when we watched the next one about the Black Piranha and we did the same thing! But we also used the Black Piranha to write our diamante poems and we created our own Black Piranhas for art.

In saying this, I am thankful that you have been teaching us new styles of writing to make it more interesting and because our teachers says that writing is our weakest subject, thank you for helping us improve our writing skills.

Yours Sincerely;
Andrea

0 comments:

Post a Comment