Pages

Saturday 6 June 2015

The Mystery of a Beast

WALT: write a descriptive text.

Just like any ordinary day, my parents and I were packing as we were moving to another home. It was a long way from Los Angeles. To me, it was like moving to a place in the middle of nowhere. As I was searching the place, I saw a creepy door. I opened it and there was another door. So I thought this was the basement. I heard growls and whooo's coming from the opposite side. I slowly creeped to the handle.

I opened the door and this beast looked straight through me and saw fear in my eyes. It’s mouth was wide open. Wider than the horizon. With exceptionally, razor-sharp teeth. The screams of lost souls filled the room. DINK!” I quickly shut the door. Perspiration running down my face. I dashed out of the basement quickly. I hurriedly hauled the home phone and called my parents. They didn’t care because the house fascinated them. I grabbed them by their arms and dragged them to the basement. I opened the door again, but nothing was there.

Nothing but an old piano, broken chairs and deflated balls.
“What” I gasped. “B....But”  “Maybe you just need some time to get used to the new house.”
Those were the exact words I heard from my father's mouth.
“You don’t understand, there was this giant beast-like thing....a...and..there were souls surrounding it.”
“Come on. Lets go.” said my father.
That night, I was way too scared to fall asleep. I got out of bed, went downstairs and turned on the t.v. As soon as it  turned on, it was going all static.

I felt something tingling at the back of my neck. It was furry, almost like it was going to tickle me to death. I heard the whooos once again. I turned immediately to get the beast off me. I giggled for a moment. I giggled because all this time, the beast was an abandoned dog. It was so cute. It turns out what I thought were lost souls, were actually just the outfit he was wearing. I went back to the basement to see how it came in. There was a huge hole at the back of the broken chairs. I kept the dog and I began to like the house.

0 comments:

Post a Comment