Pages

Friday 3 April 2015

Write a Letter

WALT: write a letter to your parents, telling them about your life.


Peak Camp, Gallipoli
April 1916


Dear Mum and Dad


Hey! It’s been a long time since I've written to you. It has been really busy at the camp so I can barely find time to write. I would really like to know what you have been doing over these past months. 


To start off with, it’s been really nice here. I've made new friends with the other soldiers. They seem to be really nice to me and we have heaps of fun. We play card games, have a laugh and we look after each other. 


We get provided food from the nurses like bread, biscuits and other yummy treats. It’s not enough to fill me up but at least it keeps me going through the day. Heck, even the rats get their treats, they've been chewing through clothes, haversacks and our blankets. 


The weather here was extremely bad yesterday. With no tent or any possible shelter, a great big thunderstorm hit us. Many injured but the nurses are doing their best to do their job. 


Hopefully this war ends really soon so I can get back home and see you again.


Please reply back.

Your loving daughter,
Andrea  

0 comments:

Post a Comment