Pages

Monday 3 November 2014

Chinese New Year rap

WALT: write a rap

During the Chinese New Year
You’ll see people dancing.
When they were finished
People would say that it was enchanting.

Outside of their house
There are decorations.
But you will never see them
Outside of train stations.

On those decorations
There would be rhymes and poems
People would read them
But obviously not golems.

During the night
They light off firecrackers
Watch out parents
Hide your daughters.

The Chinese New Year
Is a religious festivals
They celebrate the years
Using symbols of animals.

Screenshot 2014-10-30 at 2.46.18 PM.png

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Andrea
This poem/rap is really rhyming.I like the part how you say "During the night the light the firecrackers watch out parents! Hide your daughters". Its because I think I would enjoy that part of Chinese New Year. Probably the food as well. Can you tell me what the meaning of golem means?

Unknown said...

Hi Claudia

A golem is a clay figure brought back to life by magic but I don't think magic is real. Thanks for commenting on my post.

Post a Comment